"This is a solid plow and it fits snugly on the front of my GMC Sierra. Snow Plows Direct was easy to work with and hassle-free. It feels great to open up the garage and push the snow straight out of the way."
Can I Plow with a GMC Sierra?
Are you wondering if it's possible to mount a plow to the front of a GMC Sierra pickup? The short answer is "Yes!" GMC Sierras are well-suited for carrying a plow and doing the hard work of removing large amounts of snow from driveways, roads, and parking lots. Here are a few frequently asked questions regarding the GMC Sierra and plowing:
- Q: What size of plow should I be looking for?
- A: The only real hard and fast rule is that you need your plow to be wider than your vehicle’s track width. For a GMC Sierra that would be 68.7-68.9", so about 70” or greater would preferred. And remember, all of the plows on our site are at least 80" wide, so don't sweat it.
- Q: How exactly will this plow mount onto my Sierra?
- A: You’ve got two choices depending on which plow you go with. Some will include custom brackets that mount directly to the factory installed holes in your frame. While others include a front mounting hitch – this way you can get the plow off and back on easily.
- Q: How do Sierras handle with a snow plow attached?
- A: Like a champ. With 305 ft-lbs. of torque and a 285 horsepower engine, this is truly a truck that’s up to the task. Rear-wheel drive pushes you and your plow through the toughest of snow banks. The Sierra is best suited for personal plowing use, generally for commercial applications a 1-ton truck would be recommended.
What are the Best Snow Plows for a GMC Sierra?
Your GMC Sierra is a mighty truck capable of performing really heavy duty work. That’s why the Sierra makes such a great plow truck! But we often speak with GMC drivers who aren’t sure which plow would be best for their Sierra. While any of the above will get the job done, we decided to compare our customer reviews to find the Top 3 GMC Sierra Snow Plows:
- The SnowBear Snow Plow: Engineered specifically for personal use, the SnowBear Snow Plow will clear your driveway or modest parking lot in a flash. The inventive tension springs allow the plow to roll with the punches rather than stopping dead when it hits something hard.
- The Meyer Home Plow: With three available models, the HomePlow Basic, Pre-Assembled HomePlow, and Full-Powered HomePlow, it’s easy to find the exact set-up for your needs. And luckily, as long as your GMC Sierra has a front-mount hitch, installation will be as simple as can be.
- The DK2 Avalanche Snow Plow takes the simplicity of a t-frame and combines it with the strength and structural integrity that the folks at DK2 are capable of. This plow features three adjustable angles so you can always clear your property at the maximum efficiency.